Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Let There Be Light!

My first word is LIGHT! Actually, I say "ight". I just spit it out one day, a few weeks ago. I get very excited about seeing lights, and when someone flips the switch, I look up at the light with a big smile and say "ight! ight! ight!" Even when we're reading stories, and it mentions something about light, I always interrupt to look up and say "ight! ight! ight!" before letting the story continue. Although I've been able to say "Mama" and "Dada" for a while, I finally know what I mean when I say "Dada". When Mama and I are playing, and I hear the garage door open, I immediately say "Dada!" and start crawling over to see him! Or, if Mama shows me a picture of my daddy, I'll say "Dada!" If she shows me a picture of herself, I just give a blank stare. I'm sure "Mama" is coming soon, along with lots of other new words!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Of course! Mommy does all the work but Daddy gets the first word. Now are you sure Andrew isn't saying "Aight"? I mean, he used to be a big hip hop fan...