Sunday, January 2, 2011

Washington DC

I went on a very fun trip with my parents back in September. We spent a weekend in Cleveland for our friends Khalil & Mariah's wedding. We got to see the Blue Angels in an airshow there, too! From Cleveland, we drove to Washington DC via Pittsburgh. We saw lots of old church friends in Cleveland, stopped by to say hello to our Navy friends in Pittsburgh, and spent time with Navy AND church friends in the DC area! Auntie Ney, Mama's BFF, took us on a really cool capitol tour. Since she works for a US senator, we got a very special tour, including a ride on a private underground trolley between capitol buildings! We even got special access to this amazing balcony where many of our presidents have been inaugurated! Unfortunately, the traffic in DC was horrendous, and that was the extent of our sightseeing. But, we'd rather spend time with our friends, anyway!

We were lucky to be able to stay with our friends from Sicily - the Whippens and the Jacobs. Dawson and I had a bit of a rocky time getting along, but I had a lot of fun with Henry, and I was very gentle and sweet with baby Gracie. I hope we can continue to visit all our friends every now and then. We had a great time!

No comments: