I've been going to a "Mom's Day Out" program now for about a month. I only go on Mondays. Mama and Dada thought it would be good for me to be around some kids my age, to develop my social skills, and to learn that I'm an individual - not an extension of my parents. Today was my third full day at school, and so far, it's not going so well. I cry uncontrolably when I'm dropped off and five hours later, when Mama walks into the building to get me, she can hear me bawling. I don't cry the whole time, but most of it. When I'm calm, I play with toys, read books or listen to songs. I also eat lunch and take a nap at school. My teachers Ms. Rawan and Ms. Carmen told Mama that I'm the only child who hasn't adjusted to being there without his parents. We'll give it another go, and we hope I'll learn to enjoy myself and make some new friends.Monday, February 23, 2009
School Boy
I've been going to a "Mom's Day Out" program now for about a month. I only go on Mondays. Mama and Dada thought it would be good for me to be around some kids my age, to develop my social skills, and to learn that I'm an individual - not an extension of my parents. Today was my third full day at school, and so far, it's not going so well. I cry uncontrolably when I'm dropped off and five hours later, when Mama walks into the building to get me, she can hear me bawling. I don't cry the whole time, but most of it. When I'm calm, I play with toys, read books or listen to songs. I also eat lunch and take a nap at school. My teachers Ms. Rawan and Ms. Carmen told Mama that I'm the only child who hasn't adjusted to being there without his parents. We'll give it another go, and we hope I'll learn to enjoy myself and make some new friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sweet Andrew, it will get better. :) Hang in there little buddy.
Post a Comment